No Late Work!
Bio Questions: 4/11/19
Submit your answers to the following questions:
1. What are the factors that influence the mutation rates of human genes”
2. Although it is well known that X-rays cause mutations, they are routinely used to diagnose medical problems, including potential tumors, broken bones, and dental cavities. Why is this done? What precautions need to be taken?
3. Define and compare the following types of nucleotide substitutions. Which is likely to cause the most dramatic mutant effect?
a) missense mutations
b) nonsense mutations
c) frameshift mutations
4. Two types of mutations discussed in this chapter are 1) nucleotide changes and 2) unstable genome regions that undergo dynamic changes. Describe each type of mutation.
5. Tay-Sachs disease is an autosomal recessive disease. Affected individuals do not often survive to reproductive age. Why has Tay-Sachs persisted in humans?
Students are often burdened with the task of writing essays. They need to master various academic topics, understand how to integrate facts and arguments, and organize all of this information in a clear and logical way. This is not an easy task for many students. But fear not! We’ve got your back. Here at MoreEssays.com, we offer professional academic help that can take on all these tasks on your behalf. All you need to do is fill out the Order form with your paper’s details, and we will get started on it right away!